StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is the long-awaited real time strategy sequel that combines a dramatic sci-fi single player story with a massive online multiplayer gaming component.
Arriving 12 years after the original game, which had incredible longevity and a massive fan base, StarCraft II has a lot to live up to. What makes it special is the three races you can play are very different, and yet well balanced, so how the game plays changes a lot depending on your choice, without any one player having an advantage.
Games of StarCraft II see you controlling huge armies, battling for superiority, or completing specific tasks in varied locations. You give orders to your units, and watch and manage as they head into battle. With highly detailed 3D graphics, it is undoubtedly hugely impressive to watch. StarCraft II's gameplay has been massively beta tested, so should arrive finely tuned and well balanced enough to keep the fan base happy.
The single player campaign in StarCraft II sees you through the Terran storyline. The Protoss and Zerg stories will be covered in the coming releases, although you can play as them in online games.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will no doubt put the series back at the top of the real time strategy tree, and light up the world of online gaming.
- Version 1.2.1 17682 (Blizzard publishes it as 1.2.1):
- * Matchmaking has been updated to better match players queuing with pre-made teams in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 brackets.
- Bug Fixes
- * General
- o Fixed an issue where the title of a conversation window was scaling rather than truncating.
- o Fixed an issue where the Match History score screen was displaying "Null" for the map info for all games played before Patch 1.2.
- o Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to be improperly disconnected from a game.
- o (Mac) Fixed an issue that would cause the Control key to become stuck when holding Control and minimizing the game window, then going back to the game window and attempting to use Control+1 to create a control group.
- * Maps
- o Fixed an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through the fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.
- * StarCraft II Editor
- o Fixed an issue where copied-and-pasted units were not set to the correct height in-game.
- o Fixed an issue where the table view scroll-bar position was reset when switching objects.
- o Fixed an issue where secondary sort priorities were not working properly. Model name is now the secondary sort so that models are listed in alphabetical order after being sorted by the mod they are contained in.